The Faculty offers the following research-based degrees :
- Master of Philosophy (MPhil)
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
Applicants seeking admission to the MPhil programme have a good bachelor's degree with honors from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification. For the PhD programme, applicants have either a master's degree or a strong bachelor's degree froma recognized university/intsitution.
For the conferement of MPhil/PhD, students are required to take coursework, complete an approved programme of supervised research, present the findings of their research in a thesis or dissertation, and pass the oral examination of the written thesis. Current regulations expect completion in 36/72 months of PhD (Full-time/Part-time), or 24/48 months of MPhil (Full-time/Part-time).
One Faculty Seven Departments
Our academic expertise lies with academic staff in our seven departments. They conduct a wide range of research study covering different specialisations. Please browse details of their research interests here.
Applicants seeking admission to the MPhil programme should have a good bachelor's degree with honors from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification. For the PhD programme, applicants should have either a master's degree or a strong bachelor's degree from a recognized university/institution.
Applications for programmes are made through Graduate School of the Hong Kong Baptist University. For admission related enquiries, please contact the Graduate School:
Tel: (852) 3411 5127
Fax: (852) 3411 7373
Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS)
HKPFS is established by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC) with an aim to attract the best and brightest students from all over the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong. The scheme is calling for application for 2016/17 admission. Know more from this website.
Our Global Distinctiveness
- Emphasis on transdisciplinary problem solving.
- Global diversity. Our current and recent graduates come from Hong Kong, China, and a further 14 countries across Asia, Europe, Africa and North America.
- Financial and professional support for conference participation and overseas placements.
- Caring and cohesive graduate community.
- Opportunities to take courses and attend lecture across Hong Kong's universities and to access data and field across China and South East Asia.
- A flexible range of funding models including government scholarships, Faculty schoalrships, and Department scholarship
Research Support for Research Students